Thursday, September 20, 2012

Damage Control, CBR900RR Streetfighter

Found some old pics of my favorite build. The trusty 900RR AKA: Damage Control.




 I miss this bike a lot. Raw and burly as hell, Flat bars, Flatslides, big gears, Singlesider with a car rim and a 200 tire. It was the definition of 2 wheels an engine and a seat. And not much a seat to speak of.




 Despite the overgrown back wheel it still handled well, plenty fast and a ton of fun.



I used to ride this thing off curbs, jump rail road tracks and manhole covers, Get it sideways just cause I could and wheelies for blocks. Such a blast and super cheap to build. It was some dilapidated old stunt bike that got run head first into a wall. I pieced it back together in a week and just kept tweaking it for the next 3 years.



Granted she wasn't the prettiest girl at the dance, but she was cool and edgy. Years ago, before Street Monsters magazine came to be, My good buddy Antoine, better known as Artkore (RIP), was working for a publishing company in France. They let him head up a side project for a new custom motorcycle rag called Extreme Machines. To my shock and amazement he sent me a message one day asking to feature the bike. That weekend my photographer girlfriend at the time and I headed out to an abandoned power station on the old Navy base in Charleston SC and shot some pics of the bike in the middle of the night. We figured it would add to the presence of the bike and hopefully hide some of it... flaws. It turned out to be a cool spread non the less.



We had a good run together, but eventually I decided to sell her. I regret doing it sometimes. Especially since last I heard of it, it's been locked up in a garage in south Atlanta for the past 3 years. One of these days I may have to get my hands on another and build version 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment